b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Syntax of Jeremiah 15:12

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: George F Somsel <gfsomsel AT juno.com>
  • To: kwrandolph AT email.com
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Syntax of Jeremiah 15:12
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 20:54:35 -0500

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 20:18:46 -0500 "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
writes:
> George:
>
> This is interesting: the root is claimed to exist, yet different
> people have different lists where it is to be found. The concordance
> I was told to buy by my teacher when I was a student was by
> Lisowski, which is where I got the list of verses I listed, and I
> see that BDB have a different list. One of the verses found on both
> lists has one translation I proposed as a possibility, Revelation
> 2:27 has a different translation allowed by the unpointed text,
> neither of which uses “smash”. That’s just one example. As a result,
> I find the evidence for the existance of that root weak, at best.
>
> By the way, in the Job passage, who is the subject? What form is
> this verb? How does it fit with the previous and following verses?
> What is meant by KBYRYM seeing as other uses of this lexeme as a
> noun in Tanakh refer to blankets? Or is this adjectival use with the
> force of a noun, with the basic idea of drawn out (make long of
> time) or expansive (make long width and length)?
>
> Karl W. Randolph.
_______________

Subject: )"L in v. 23 above
Form: Q impf 3 ms
Connection: Note that in v. 23 they are said LaHa:LK )eL_)"L ***
B.aM.i$:P.f+ *** In v. 24 judgment is rendered --YfRoa( .

In Re 2.29 it would seem that it is based on the LXX translation of Ps
2.9 -- in which they apparently understood it as a form of R(H.
Therefore, you can hardly base a judgment regarding R(( [2] on this.

george
gfsomsel