b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Syntax of Jeremiah 15:12

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Heard, Christopher" <Christopher.Heard AT pepperdine.edu>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Syntax of Jeremiah 15:12
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 20:24:09 -0800

Harold,

For what it's worth, the NRSV does the same thing as the NET, taking BRZL
... WNX$T as a compound subject, separated by the object. I am not sure what
their reasoning is; I am not familiar with such a phenomenon. So, like you,
I initially see it as quite improbable, but with both the NET and NRSV doing
it, I wonder if there is something I don't know!

Chris