b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 19:2-3

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 19:2-3
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 23:00:29 -0500

Clay:

In Hebrew, it is fairly straightforward—the first day is the subject, the
agent so to speak. The second day recieves the action, as also indicated by
the prefixed lamed. Then there is the verb, then the object of the verb. We
find the same pattern in the second half of the verse.

DonÂ’t let the hiphil use of NB( throw you, all but one of the times it is
used in Tenakh, it is in hiphil.

Yours, Karl W. Randolph.