b-hebrew - RE: [b-hebrew] Re: Elohiym has a Hireq Yod in the M.T.

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [b-hebrew] Re: Elohiym has a Hireq Yod in the M.T.
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 23:37:09 -0500

Dear Ken:

I am not able to translate this document, as some of the words I don’t
recognize. The first three words are “Thus they say unto them” followed by a
verb in the infinitive, then “to you” followed by three objects of the
infinitive verb, only the last one I recognize meaning “the house”.

I have no idea as to the identity of the “they” and “them” and the verb in
the infinitive has its first letter either a gimmel or samech, the second a
resh or dalet, but the final an alep.

Sorry I can’t be more help. Karl W. Randolph.