b-hebrew - [b-hebrew] Psalm 19:2-3

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Pastor Mark Eddy" <markeddy AT adams.net>
  • To: "b-hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [b-hebrew] Psalm 19:2-3
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 10:06:40 -0500

What is the subject of the verbs AMaR and YHaWeH (yod-chet-waw-heh) in Psalm
19:3? Is one YOM telling something to another YOM, and one LaYLaH revealing
something to another (as in NASB)? Or is HaRaQiYa' of verse 2 the subject of
the verbs in verse 3, with the time references being adverbial (as the NIV
seems to read it)? And how do we know? All the nouns are masculine singular,
so they agree with the masculine singular verbs.

Mark Eddy