b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 19:2-3

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Karl Randolph" <kwrandolph AT email.com>
  • To: "Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 19:2-3
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 08:36:12 -0500

Peter:

The reason I mentioned YWMM is because it is not used in this verse.
Therefore I expected that the use of “day day”, “day to day” has a different
meaning.

Come to think of it, “yat yat” with both a low tone in Cantonese means “every
day”, so I wonder if the ancient Hebrew YWM YWM has a similar meaning, in
this case “each day”? It fits the grammatical structure and the context. Come
to think of it, is there an ancient Hebrew word for “each”? If not, is there
any reason to say that the doubling of a noun carries that meaning?

The other option as I see it is that the day pours forth speech to day, which
I find somewhat improbable due to the context of the following verses.

Karl W. Randolph.