b-hebrew - Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 19:2-3

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: CS Bartholomew <jacksonpollock AT earthlink.net>
  • To: b-hebrew <b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Psalm 19:2-3
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 09:33:33 -0700

On 9/22/03 9:17 AM, "CS Bartholomew" <jacksonpollock AT earthlink.net> wrote:

> )mr is tagged as a noun in Groves-Wheeler* which agrees with the LXX
> hrema. ywM lywM looks like an adverbial expression limiting yby(. I wonder
> if
> )mr is the subject or the object of yby(. It is ambiguous in the LXX since
> hrema is neuter. Wheeler tags it accusative, I suspect he is right.

Psa. 18:3 LXX
hemera te hemera ereugetai hrema
kai nux nukti anaggellei gnosin

ereugetai is a middle voice so hrema could be the subject. yby( is hifil so
the question is can a hifil have a middle sense? Could )mr be both the
agent and the object of yby(?

These are questions for a Hebrew type, not I.

greetings,
Clay Bartholomew