homestead - Re: [Homestead] Climate-Gate

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Climate-Gate
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 19:55:25 -0800 (PST)

The grand scheme wouldn't be conceived of by the scientists, but their puppet
masters high above them to further another unrelated agenda.  If you want to
kill liberty, you tax it to death - global warming cap & trade/copenhagen etc
could turn out to be the biggest tax scheme ever.  JMO.

Tragedy of the commons, kind of like Al Gore thumping on the global warming
thing, but he's not turning off his lights, just expecting others to do
it.... LOL

From: Chris Clarke <hstead AT nc.rr.com>
Atmospheric Science get VERY little money compared to biotech, or
materials....  I doubt there was any grand scheme.

> I question - if this is such a threat to humanity, why hasn't the
> government completely outlawed emmssions?

The tragedy of the Commons:  Everyone recognizes the problem, but no one
feels they can be the guy left out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tragedy_of_the_commons