homestead - Re: [Homestead] Climate-Gate

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Climate-Gate
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 19:38:56 EST

> >Anything followed blindly, unquestioned, and with no thought to
> alternative >possibilities is going to be abused...
>
> >Religion, science, or any other ideology

Ditto that, of course, Ray, but I suppose I find myself not putting a value
judgement on it. If one embraces "science" as one's only verity and
reality, then one reaps the benefits of that position. Technology for
example.
But one also misses out on quite a bit.

Here's the thing I find fascinating, those on the ragged edge (or lunatic
fringe) of science know very well it is fallible, inconsistent, and
contradictory and thus are inclined to allow for a greater or different
reality than
can be described in terms of reason and science.

The iron clad faithful are mostly those who do not necessarily understand
the science themselves, or have a deep understanding of it, but they have
faith that somone does, someone out there, the amophous and mysterious "they".

James