baslinux - Re: [BL] How to sys DOS on a laptop without floppy drive

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] How to sys DOS on a laptop without floppy drive
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 13:38:58 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005, sindi keesan wrote:

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005, sindi keesan wrote:

I will need file transfer with Redhat 7.0 to get dosemu on there (David's

Redhat 7.0 has 6240 bytes of modules but not plip or slip. Plip is
loaded after parport and it has parport, so probably plip is not in the
kernel.

I tried using pcmcia. It already had the three basic modules loaded but cardmgr -o could not find any cards (even if I loaded the two needed ethernet modules). The config file was already set up to recognize this smc-based Megahertz card. I tried both sockets. The card works elsewhere.

I don't have plip or slip modules in the 6MB of included modules (which do include joysticks and radio of all sorts).

We have a nullmodem cable. Redhat has no kermit, which I used before between linux and DOS computers. What terminal program might Redhat come with that I could use for file transfer to some other DOS or linux computer and how could I set this up? I never did succeed in file transfer over a nullmodem cable with one computer used as a dumb terminal.

I could try to set up telnetd but I don't think I got file transfer working with that either, over nullmodem cable.

It has FTP. Can I set up BL to be an FTP server somehow?

We won't be taking this computer on vacation if the pcmcia part does not work, but I am learning a lot trying to find out.