baslinux - Re: [BL] How to sys DOS on a laptop without floppy drive

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] How to sys DOS on a laptop without floppy drive
  • Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 10:11:59 +1200

sindi keesan wrote:

> I set up plip at both ends. ifconfig plip0 ...1. pointopoint .....2
> and 2.... 1

Can you ping from both ends?

> How would I go about using the BL3 busybox (with httpd) in BL2?

It's static. Just put it in /tmp and execute:
------------------
/tmp/busybox httpd
------------------
Remember to start it from the directory you want to serve.

> I can ping from the sending to the receiving computer but not vice versa
> (I get timeouts). Does this mean the parport port is bad?

It means something is bad. Forget about httpd (or any other server)
until you can ping from both ends.

> The pcmcia slot does not appear to recognize the ethernet card, in Redhat
> or SW40. No cards found in either slot.

What does the following say:
cardmgr -o -v

If nothing is found (when card is in slot), you probably have
a hardware problem.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru