sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] kde4 in /opt/kde4

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Remko van der Vossen <wich AT yuugen.jp>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] kde4 in /opt/kde4
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 16:15:11 +0200

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 01:52:55PM +0200, Bor Kraljič wrote:
> > And you are right: I don't intend to push it onto you to support that
> > stuff,
> > and neither do I see myself doing that as I don't use any KDE stuff myself
> > (my folks are on debian with trinity repo). From my POV, go ahead and rip
> > out kde3 spells.
>
> Do we have any policy on such mayor grimoire changes? We need to vote
> maybe?

I don't think we really need a vote on it. Just set an ultimatum for
people to come up with a reasoned response on why we shouldn't before a
week from now or somesuch. If no such responses are given go ahead and
remove, if such responses arive we coudl vote on it still.

> I am pretty sure we would find some pretty acceptable upgrade path for
> people
> when we will have newer version in different grimoire.

Whatever is decided in this regard, e.g. no change, kde4-* -> kde-*, KDE
in separate grimoire, whatever, any of that can or needs to happen a
while after we get rid of KDE3.

Whether we want KDE4 in /usr or some other prefix can be settled sooner.
Which is something we just need a general concensus on, with perhaps a
bias to the person or people who are going to implement and maintain the
lot.

Remko.