sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] kde4 in /opt/kde4

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Bor Kraljič <pyrobor AT ver.si>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] kde4 in /opt/kde4
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 08:56:51 +0200

On 24. MES 2011 02:37:38 Ladislav Hagara wrote:
> Imho kde4 spells should be renamed to kde spells and of course installed
> into /. The question is if we wants to support kde3 spells. Are they
> supported by upstream? If not, we should deprecate / remove them from
> grimoire.
ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.5.10/ sources are still available on
official mirror. Probably
depends on your defenition of "supported"...

Well one idea is that all kde4 needs qt-x11 (qt3) which i don't think is
still supported by
upstream...

> We should really follow upstream. We don't have hundreds of developers
> who could support deprecated software for next several years.
I totaly agree with you. Not sure that any of the SMGL developers is
"supporting" kde3.
Acctually we don't even know if still builds. Did anybody tried to compile
kde3 in last year
?

> Similar problem is with gnome3 spells. I didn't created gnome3 spells I
> just updated gnome2 to version 3 and all changes are only in devel
> gnome3 branch because some devs refuse to use gedit 3 instead of gedit 2
>
> If kde3 and gnome2 spells are not supported by upstream we should remove
> them / update them to kde4 and gnome3.
>
> > * we move kde4 and add CONFLICTS to main spells of kde4 and kde3
> > (kdelibs,
>
> Libraries are another question. If kdelib3 and kdelib4 can be installed
> together we should just renamed kdelibs to kdelibs3 and update non kde
> spells needed kdelibs3.
Not sure both kdelibs3 and kdelibs4 can be both installed in /. Now I think
those 2 can
coexist since kdelibs4 is installed in /opt/kde4...