sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] kde4 in /opt/kde4

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Bor Kraljič <pyrobor AT ver.si>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] kde4 in /opt/kde4
  • Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 22:33:29 +0200

> > I will continue according to plan:
> > 1) add CONFLICTS to main spells of kde4 to conflict them with kde3 (in
> >
> > devel- kde47 branch)
>
> would it be possible to use the CONFLICTS in kdelibs4 to dispel anything
> that depends on kdelibs3, rather than change all the individual kde4
> splells ?
>
> This might be less work.
Well. I can use grep to get the list of spells:
$ git grep -E "^depends.*(kdelibs|kdebase)[^4]" -- *DEPENDS |cut -d"/" -f2
This command gives me more or less all the spell that depend on kdelibs3.
Except for those that use KDE_DEPENDS in their DEPENDS file. Thus with
combination with this command:
$ git grep "KDE_DEPENDS" -- kde[^4]*DEPENDS | cut -d/ -f2
Should get all the spells that non-optionally depend on kdelibs3. Would that
be enough ?

However there are spells that depend on it optionally. Those we don't really
need to conflict... User only needs "cleanse --prune" and disables it.

Should I also add the other way around? Add the conflicts to CONFLICTS from
kdelibs3 to conflict with every spell that depends on kdelibs4 ?