sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] kde4 in /opt/kde4

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Bor Kraljič <pyrobor AT ver.si>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] kde4 in /opt/kde4
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 12:41:30 +0200

On 24. MES 2011 12:31:43 Treeve Jelbert wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 August 2011 23:40:02 Jaka Kranjc wrote:
> > We should also rename the old kde spells to kde3 and the kde4 to plain kde
> > (later) — upstream is already dreaming about kde5, so it is best to lose
> > the
> > version suffix for the latest branch or we'll rerun into this issue each
> > major release.
> >

> I think that the only clean way of improving things like this is a to have a
> separate KDE grimoire, with branches for KDE3, KDE4, ...
> I am not sure where QT should go in this situation.
>
> Likewise for GNOME.
Well I think kde3 and kde4 should be in separated grimoires. This way we
people will just add that
grimoire that they want and we can use same spell names. Right?

However there was discussion about spliting main grimoire. But somehow we
didn't get far with that. But
perhaps splitting kde4 from main grimoire is a good start. It wouldn't be
easy. But that would really be the
cleanest way.

Not sure if sorcery is ready. Should we move all spells that depend on
kdelibs4 into new grimoire? I don't
think that is a good idea. How ever if you cast such spell from main grimoire
and don't have kde4 grimoire
you could be having problems.