sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] latex missing from texlive

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Thomas Orgis <thomas-forum AT orgis.org>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] latex missing from texlive
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 09:12:53 +0200

Am Wed, 24 Aug 2011 01:24:36 -0400
schrieb Sukneet Basuta <sukneet AT gmail.com>:

> I just compiled and installed texlive 2009 (without sorcery);
> "texlinks -f /usr/share/texmf/web2c/fmtutil.cnf /usr/bin" creates
> latex and pdflatex which just symlinks to pdftex.

That looks very much like a point to me ... we copy some scripts, but nobody
else does, because we're supposed to run texlinks? Just moved the
latex/pdflatex wrappers away and ran texlinks. Seems to work fine.

So texlive's INSTALL should look like this:

default_install &&
texlinks -f "$INSTALL_ROOT/usr/share/texmf/web2c/fmtutil.cnf"
"$INSTALL_ROOT/usr/bin/" &&
ln -svf mf $INSTALL_ROOT/usr/bin/mf-nowin

My only headache is about $INSTALL_ROOT and finding (the right) texlinks
binary at that point. But $INSTALL_ROOT should be gone if castfs was
universal, eh? (Generally, I'd rather see INSTALL_ROOT support only for
basesystem spells ... before one has a runnable chroot to work in.)

Alrighty then,

Thoma.