sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] stable grimoire release

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Jeremy Blosser <jblosser-smgl AT firinn.org>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] stable grimoire release
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 00:04:07 -0600

On Jan 23, Andrew Stitt [afrayedknot AT t.armory.com] wrote:
> First off, I just want to say I am extremely impressed by the effort
> everyone has put in on this. People are stepping up and working together
> towards a common goal, thats awesome.
>
> On Tue, Jan 23, 2007 at 09:48:44PM -0600, Jeremy Blosser wrote:
> > On Jan 19, Eric Sandall [eric AT sandall.us] wrote:
> >
> > > udev (iuso)
> > > http://bugs.sourcemage.org/13265
> > > http://bugs.sourcemage.org/13417
> >
> > IRC chatter seems to think we should keep what we have for udev this cycle
> > and keep testing these fixes for the next one.
>
> I think this fix (or the init.d one) is the "long pole" in the sense that

The init.d one (http://bugs.sourcemage.org/13114) reportedly breaks the
shutdown process. This isn't really healthy, so if it's reproducible I'd
like to get it taken care of. However I've been trying for like 3 days now
and can't get it to show up. Without a report of how to get a build that
has this problem reliably, I can't do anything with it.