sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] stable grimoire release

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Juuso Alasuutari <iuso AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] stable grimoire release
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 10:50:15 +0200

On Friday 26 January 2007 06:16, Andrew Stitt wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 04:58:54PM -0600, Jeremy Blosser wrote:
> > On Jan 25, Jaka Kranjc [lynx AT mages.ath.cx] wrote:
> > > On Thursday 25 January 2007 17:05, Jeremy Blosser wrote:
> >
> > The depends appears to have worked.
> >
> > I don't see anything else preventing us releasing any time now.
>
> Everything on the wiki is signed off except for smgl-fhs (sandalle),
> shadow (sandalle), and udev (iuso). I dont think there are any gating
> issues left unresolved with those spells. So I think we're ready to
> release.
>
> I propose formally releasing it tomorrow (January 26th) around noon PST.
> Thats 16 hours from now. Now is the time to bring up any last minute
> issues. Otherwise they will be delayed until the next release.
>
> Great job everyone. Time to start brainstorming ideas to streamline
> things for the next cycle. Would anyone like to take the wheel and drive
> the next one? I think multiple leads should have practice doing it.

There's one thing about udev still. The version in stable-rc is 103, which
deprecates hotplug, but it's still missing the necessary edits I've been
working on (while also busy with work :/). If we choose to postpone the
hotplug->udev transition for this release, we should downgrade stable-rc's
udev to the one in the present stable to be sure.

Another option would be to integrate the edits I've made in test (udev 104,
hotplug, linux), they work well for me. But we'd still need to try them out
on other boxes than only mine.

I think postponing the transition (using the udev from current stable) would
be nice because then more users would have a recent enough kernel when the
new udev is finally integrated.

--
Juuso Alasuutari
[[ Source Mage GNU/Linux ]]