sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Vote changes proposal

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Seth Alan Woolley <seth AT positivism.org>
  • To: Ladislav Hagara <ladislav.hagara AT unob.cz>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Vote changes proposal
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 08:58:50 -0700

On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 01:17:18PM +0200, Ladislav Hagara wrote:
> Howdy all,
>
> >(no Team Lead can be removed without a replacement).
>
> if team lead decides to leave we have no force to prevent him/her from
> doing it.
> In that event we have to be without team lead at least 2x72 hours
> (nomination and voting).

I think there's a hidden clause: "by vote" between removed and without.
Even that's a bit misleading with the current rules.

We can vote somebody out by offering up a fake candidate, initiating a
vote, and then not giving them a majority of yes votes out of all
developers. An abstention has a side-effect of counting as a
none-of-the-above vote in our system.

> These all nominations and votes seems funny for me if we have had always
> only one candidate. :-)

You can change that ;)

By the way, most groups I'm in don't have competetive elections.

Otherwise I would never be elected. ;)

> Responsibilities of team leads should be defined on wiki.
> BTW, how long can team lead be inactive?

These both should be determined by the electorate. The more rules there
are, the less democracy. (yes, I'm an anarchist. ;) )

Seth

Key id 00BA3AF3 = 8BE0 A72E A47E A92A 0737 F2FF 7A3F 6D3C 00BA 3AF3
http://smgl.positivism.org:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x00BA3AF3
Security Team Leader Source Mage GNU/Linux http://www.sourcemage.org