sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Vote changes proposal

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Karsten Behrmann <BearPerson AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Vote changes proposal
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 20:09:14 +0200

"Andrew \"ruskie\" Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx> wrote:
> Also I think PL and any other lead can have a veto on any vote
> "just-in-case"
> or atleast PL can have a veto on any team lead vote... thus preventing of
> ppl
> tryingto kill the project...
Well, it wouldn't really do to have people be able to veto themselves in,
would
it? And as for the "help, my project is being taken over" thing, I think we
would probably just deny them the right to vote as core developers or just
collectively move out and re-group.
I mean, there's nothing completely legally binding about the lead positions or
the voting, for me the lead is who I accept as lead, and I usually accept
the majority's vote.
Though I do hope that's not gonna happen.
So Far,
Karsten