sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Vote changes proposal

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Vote changes proposal
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 11:44:31 -0700

Here's a third try at this. :)

(Add a comment that the Project Lead is a member of the Team Leads)
(All numbers will be changed to <word> <(#)>, e.g. "forty-two (42)")

* No vote shall be sent to the public mailing list (a note saying you voted is
allowed, but do not include your vote in the e-mail).

* Voting shall last for one (1) week (seven (7) days from the time the vote is
started).

* If there is more than one candidate than voters shall vote in the order they
want the candidates (if only one candidate is wanted than vote only for that
candidate). We will use run-off voting if a majority of the first candidate is
not obtained.

* Team Leads can be voted out of office in the following way
# A request is sent for the removal of a current Team Lead along with a
nomination for a replacement (no Team Lead can be removed without a
replacement).
# A vote to remove a Lead can only occur with assent of half the
respective team members under the Team Lead or two of the Team Leads without
the respective Team Lead.

* Team Lead positions have a term of one (1) year starting from when they take
office.
# Before the end of one (1) year a request for nominations as for a normal
Team Lead vote will occur.
# If no nominations are forthcoming and/or the only nominee is the current
Team Lead and the Team Lead accepts the nomination (or default in the prior
case) then he/she remains the Team Lead with no vote needed.
# Voting must be finished one (1) month before the current Lead's term is
up.

* A vote of all the Team Leads may veto any nomination/vote

* At the end of the vote the Project Lead will post the results along with an
alphabetical listing of all valid voters to sm-discuss.

* In the event that a Team Lead steps down and he/she has an Assistant Lead,
that Assistant Lead will become the Team Lead while nominations and voting are
conducted for the recently vacated position. The Assistant Team Lead may be
nominated for the position.

* Team Leads are responsible for fulfilling their duties listed here:
http://wiki.sourcemage.org/index.php?page=Team+Lead+Duties

* The Team Leads are responisble for interpreting organizational documents.

It seems a voting season is preferred. Do we want to stagger the seasons or
have
all of our Team Leads replaced the same month? I'd rather stagger them in this
method:

January: Project Lead
March: Grimoire Lead
May: ISO Lead
June: Sorcery Lead
August: Web Lead
September: Security Lead
November: QA Lead

(month the vote should be over and decided with the new Lead ready to pick up
the reins).

Any nays? Comments?

-sandalle