sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Vote changes proposal

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Vote changes proposal
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 19:36:12 -0700

Quoting Geoffrey Derber <gderber AT sourcemage.org>:
> On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 18:59 -0700, Andrew wrote:
> > The last part is optional though, if you dont want to share your vote
> > on the list you dont have to. You could still send your vote to the list
> > if you wanted to even without the extra qualifier. So to me, removing
> > that clause makes no difference.
> >
> > -Andrew
> >

> I guess what I'm trying to say is simply. I do not want to see others
> vote, nor do I think we should post our votes where it can influence
> others vote.

Then don't read any of the e-mails under that thread until the vote is over? I
thought we wanted the votes to be open (but leave the option for "secrecy" for
the few who want it). I believe our voting system assumes that you're not the
average US voter and will make up your own mind about who to vote for. =)

-sandalle