sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Vote changes proposal

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Andrew \"ruskie\" Levstik" <ruskie AT mages.ath.cx>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Vote changes proposal
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 19:41:55 +0200

Seth Alan Woolley wrote :

> PGP verify signed message
> gpg: Signature made čet 14 apr 2005 17:58:50 CEST using DSA key ID 00BA3AF3
> gpg: Good signature from "Seth Alan Woolley (2005 Personal Key)
> <seth AT positivism.org>"
> gpg: There is no indication that the signature belongs to the
> owner.
> Primary key fingerprint: 8BE0 A72E A47E A92A 0737 F2FF 7A3F 6D3C 00BA 3AF3
> PGP verification success
>

> On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 01:17:18PM +0200, Ladislav Hagara wrote:
> > Howdy all,
> >
> > >(no Team Lead can be removed without a replacement).
> >
> > if team lead decides to leave we have no force to prevent him/her from
> > doing it.
> > In that event we have to be without team lead at least 2x72 hours
> > (nomination and voting).
>
> I think there's a hidden clause: "by vote" between removed and without.
> Even that's a bit misleading with the current rules.
>
> We can vote somebody out by offering up a fake candidate, initiating a
> vote, and then not giving them a majority of yes votes out of all
> developers. An abstention has a side-effect of counting as a
> none-of-the-above vote in our system.
>

> > These all nominations and votes seems funny for me if we have had always
> > only one candidate. :-)
>
> You can change that ;)
>
> By the way, most groups I'm in don't have competetive elections.

> Otherwise I would never be elected. ;)
>

> > Responsibilities of team leads should be defined on wiki.
> > BTW, how long can team lead be inactive?
>
> These both should be determined by the electorate. The more rules there
> are, the less democracy. (yes, I'm an anarchist. ;) )
>
> Seth

Also I think PL and any other lead can have a veto on any vote "just-in-case"
or atleast PL can have a veto on any team lead vote... thus preventing of ppl
tryingto kill the project...

--
Andrew "ruskie" Levstik

For all the knowledge... || URL: http://ruskie.pixelcarnage.com
I will prevail... || ICQ: 321223361
If I fail nothing is left... || MSN: ruskie_0 AT yahoo.co.uk
All is lost... || Jabber: ruskie AT jabber.org
Never to be seen again... || Yahoo!: ruskie_0
Nevermore... || URL2: http://ruskie.dtdm.org

EtPan! - nicest email client I have seen -
http://libetpan.sourceforge.net/etpan

Key ID = 32FE2034
Key fingerprint = EF36 041B E2A5 4E6F 7B3E 6B45 C0F2 E234 32FE 2034