sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO generation [back on-topic]

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: SM Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO generation [back on-topic]
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:20:21 -0800

> >- As far as the install script is concerned, David has volonteer to work
> >on it with a modular design. I'm quite happy to have a new member in the
> >team to take care of that. I've mainly tried to maintain the script left
> >by hgg, but failed totally on the RAID & LVM part. (evms has been
> >included on 0.9.4-test3 ISO ... ). I even think that it could be a
> >separate spell installed on the ISO as any other spell and that could be
> >used to install chroot as well as real system. Comments?
>
> If both David and Karsten are working on modularizing, perhaps they
> should work on the same scripts? But then we need to decide which
> scripts we're going to use (at the end of the e-mail). ;)

David is modularizing the installer (smgl.install), aka "the menu",
which is distinct from the iso generator(s) that karsten/benoit are
working on (which includes the installer). Just want to make sure we
dont get confused.

-Andrew

|Andrew D. Stitt | astitt at sourcemage.org |
|irc: afrayedknot | afrayedknot at t.armory.com |
|aim: thefrayedknot or iteratorplusplus | acedit at armory.com |
|Sorcery Team Lead | ftp://t.armory.com/ |