sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO generation [back on-topic]

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Karsten Behrmann <BearPerson AT gmx.net>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO generation [back on-topic]
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 19:11:58 +0100

> The installer script is the script with smgl.install et. al.? Why do
> the installer scripts need to be "installed"?
The install scripts need to be put on the ISO by the scripts.
There are three possibilities for this:
1. Manually copy every file of it onto the ISO tree
2. putting the smgl.install et al into the skeleton in the places they go
3. making a spell of smgl.install et al that has a cache and can thus be
put on the ISO as any other spell.

I would favorize 2. but that would mean that development on smgl.install
et al has to be done in the skeleton instead of in a seperate dir,
something I personally think makes sense, but other people might have
other opinions. As David is the one who will probably be doing that
most in the near future, maybe he should decide.

So Far,
Karsten