sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO generation [back on-topic]

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Eric Sandall <eric AT sandall.us>
  • To: SM Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] ISO generation [back on-topic]
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 09:47:44 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005, Andrew wrote:
- I'll be happy if we decide to use BearPerson's scripts. They have been
written from scratch with a new modular design. I should point out
however that both scripts cannot be merged together in a near future, so
deciding which scripts we will be using is a key decision. I'm
requesting here a clear statement from Unet or sandalle on this topic,
to avoid wasting my time on maintaining the current set of scripts.
Deadline: 2005-02-01.
I think thats what this discussion is for so an educated descision can
be made and so we can move forward once and for all. Eric, Unet can you
guys decide by this deadline?

I'm hoping for a decision this week if we can discuss which scripts to
use, which to merge, and where we want to go with them. :)

<snip>
Moreover, I cannot fix a bug than I'm unable to
reproduce myself without some help (I requested some help on bug #7642
[2], but even the developper that were able to reproduce the problem did
not give any information). So far, my criteria was to run twice "sorcery
rebuild" on the installed system to ensure that people will not have
problem casting spells.

Thats why there are more people on the team than you, so you dont have
to fix every bug. We work as a team.

And also why I'd like test ISOs to be released and announced to the
lists, which you did, thanks. :)

Btw, thanks for your latest test isos. I appreciate all the hard work
you put in.

I concur.

-Andrew

-sandalle