sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] distributed/peer-to-peer mirroring

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Andrew <afrayedknot AT thefrayedknot.armory.com>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] distributed/peer-to-peer mirroring
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 20:10:27 +0000

On Mon, Oct 04, 2004 at 09:42:11AM +0200, Vladim?r Marek wrote:
> > Hey all!
> > Just wanted to bring this up again, it was on the list years ago, IIRC.
> > The basic idea is that everyone willing runs an ftp server on their
> > /var/spool/sorcery, giving us a huge network of mirrors.
>
> Aren't we reinventing the wheel here a bit ? What about making new url
> handler for bittorrent and perhaps make a tool for running BT server
> easilly for people ?

Theres a bug on having a bt handler already, anyone who wants to can
write it and submit it as a patch for review.

-Andrew

|Andrew D. Stitt | astitt at sourcemage.org |
|irc: afrayedknot | afrayedknot at t.armory.com |
|aim: thefrayedknot or iteratorplusplus | |
|Sorcery Team Lead, Porting Team Lead | |
|Grimoire Guru ham/smgl | ftp://t.armory.com |
|Author and Maintainer of Prometheus | |