sm-discuss - Re: One step further (was: [SM-Discuss] distributed/peer-to-peer mirroring)

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Paul Mahon <dufflebunk AT dufflebunk.homeip.net>
  • To: sm-discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: One step further (was: [SM-Discuss] distributed/peer-to-peer mirroring)
  • Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 07:32:51 -0400

There is a problem with distributing caches. The depends info isn't
distributed with it, causing problems if it is recast. There is a desire
to have this information in the tarball, but no one on the sorcery team
has done it. It may, in the end, be done with the installed grimoire
idea.

As for round robin FTP, why not just use bittorrent?