sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Cauldron Directions

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Unet <unet AT sourcemage.org>
  • To: Benoit PAPILLAULT <benoit.papillault AT free.fr>
  • Cc: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Cauldron Directions
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:40:47 +0200

Salut Benoit :)

> Hi,
>
> I was previously working on the ISO (I did the 0.6 release which was
> published in Planete Linux CD, a French magazine) before Hamish did its
> ISO. I had the documentation on how I built the ISO (based on the LFS
> book) and I am currently upgrading to LFS 5.1.
>
> My plan was to complete this upgrade to LFS 5.1 and to test my build
> script. Since I repaired my iBook G4 and bought a brand new PC, I got
> two machines ready to compile sourcemage: x86 and ppc architecture.

Great ! You're added in the wiki page ;)

> I think that in the interim we need some documentation about Hamish work
> and the location of its build scripts.

Yes, but we really need a new x86 ISO by the end of the week (I insist
on this). Most of the scripts are in the perforce cauldron repository.
We just need to compile new versions of the spells, add the hwd script
in the initrd and install (as a beta feature), make sure the depends are
correctly handled and that's it. This is also a way to put an end at the
hgg debate...

> Benoit PAPILLAULT
> PS: btw, I don't like the wiki since anyone can modify it and for
> instance, I wonder who removed my name from the people involved in
> SourceMage!

No idea on this one - check the wiki history.

See you,

Unet