sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Cauldron Directions

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Benoit PAPILLAULT <benoit.papillault AT free.fr>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Cauldron Directions
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 12:49:37 +0200

Casey Harkins a écrit :

On Mon, 19 Jul 2004, Unet wrote:

Hello all,

As you may know from Eric's email I volunteered to take the lead of the
cauldron team.

Thanks for stepping forward. I apologize that I hadn't gotten an iso together, as I volunteered to do because there were no other "takers". Time has been my primary obstacle.

So, anyone who wants to join the team feel free to mail me :)

I'd be happy to take on smaller projects here and there. I'd like to suggest as a top priority, after getting an iso out the door, is clear documentation on how the iso is created. This should lower the barrier for others who would like to test their own additions/changes to the iso.

-casey

Hi,

I was previously working on the ISO (I did the 0.6 release which was published in Planete Linux CD, a French magazine) before Hamish did its ISO. I had the documentation on how I built the ISO (based on the LFS book) and I am currently upgrading to LFS 5.1.

My plan was to complete this upgrade to LFS 5.1 and to test my build script. Since I repaired my iBook G4 and bought a brand new PC, I got two machines ready to compile sourcemage: x86 and ppc architecture.

I think that in the interim we need some documentation about Hamish work and the location of its build scripts.

Benoit PAPILLAULT
PS: btw, I don't like the wiki since anyone can modify it and for instance, I wonder who removed my name from the people involved in SourceMage!