sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] Cauldron Directions

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Casey Harkins <charkins AT upl.cs.wisc.edu>
  • To: sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] Cauldron Directions
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 11:39:05 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Benoit PAPILLAULT wrote:
I was previously working on the ISO (I did the 0.6 release which was published in Planete Linux CD, a French magazine) before Hamish did its ISO. I had the documentation on how I built the ISO (based on the LFS book) and I am currently upgrading to LFS 5.1.

My plan was to complete this upgrade to LFS 5.1 and to test my build script. Since I repaired my iBook G4 and bought a brand new PC, I got two machines ready to compile sourcemage: x86 and ppc architecture.

Sounds great. When the install root stuff is ready, I suggest we rework the build script to use that.

I think that in the interim we need some documentation about Hamish work and the location of its build scripts.

Benoit PAPILLAULT
PS: btw, I don't like the wiki since anyone can modify it and for instance, I wonder who removed my name from the people involved in SourceMage!

Perhaps iso documentation can go right into the cauldron directory in p4.

-casey