sm-discuss - [SM-Discuss] cross grimoire dependencies

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: Geoffrey Derber <Geoffrey.Derber AT Trinity.edu>
  • To: SM-Discuss <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [SM-Discuss] cross grimoire dependencies
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 14:10:33 -0500

Now that we've had a couple weeks with the new grimoires. I think it's time to try and tackle some of the problems with multiple grimoires.

Mainly, any ideas on how to take care of cross grimoire dependencies?

For example xvid in the z-rejected section is an optional dependency for mplayer.

Off hand, I don't see any clean way to do it. Optional dependencies are less of a problem than required dependencies.

one method might be to modified the 'depends' command

'depends <spell> [<other_grimoire>]' which would inform the user that another grimoire is needed, download it, install, then continue.

Geoff