permaculture - Re: [permaculture] This list, the subscriber base and traffic.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Bob Waldrop <bob@bobwaldrop.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] This list, the subscriber base and traffic.
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 15:15:14 -0500

I manage another discussion, with 7,000+ subscribers, that has been in bidness since 2001, we require that everyone post their geographic location and sign with a name, which I have carried over into my postings elsewhere, thus I nearly always include my city after my name. We think that knowing the geographic location of a poster adds to the value of the conversation. The list is fully moderated, so we are able to enforce that by the expedient of bouncing emails back to people who attempt to post to the group without following our format.

This conversation isn't fully moderated but people could be encourage as a matter of spontaneous order to add their geographic location as part of their sig. I don't put my street address, we say "state/province or nation" is fine, and yes we tolerate the occasional "Planet Earth" for their geographic location.

Bob Waldrop, Okie City