permaculture - Re: [permaculture] This list, the subscriber base and traffic.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Michael Pilarski <friendsofthetrees@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] This list, the subscriber base and traffic.
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2016 18:36:51 +0000 (UTC)

Okay LL,
I will bring this up at NAPC.

certainly I doubt whether we could actually reach a "consensus would be
regarding the mission and purpose of this PC list and how it should be best
managed."  but we could probably get a clearer picture and be able to come up
with ideas to make it serve the movement even more than it does now.

I know you suffer a lot of slings and arrows for the way you have run this
forum over the years and I have had my gripes as well,  but nobody else has
stepped forward to offer anything better.  So kudos to you for the
persistence in service. Michael "Skeeter" Pilarski
Permaculture - Wildcrafting - Medicinal Herbs & Seeds

On Wednesday, July 20, 2016 10:34 AM, Lawrence London
<lfljvenaura@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 1:09 PM, Michael Pilarski <
friendsofthetrees@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Seems like you would want to send an email to everyone you are considering
> purging and ask if they want to continue on the list.

I would have to do a crowfunding to pay me a living wage while geting this
enormous task done and potential donoras would probably go around
scratching their heads wondering what that was all about.

> Seems like permaculture listserves at the international, national and
> regional level would be a great topic for discussion at the coming North
> American Permaculture Convergence on Sept 14-18.  I will be there and
> keen to talk to permaculture people from around the continent on how our
> communications and collaboration can be more effective.

Pleas do that! and fine me a list co owner or owners. I would like to know
what consensus would be regarding the mission and purpose of this PC list
and how it should be best managed. Also how to build the subscriber base,
traffic and overall usefulness of the list.
LL

--
Lawrence F. London
lfljvenaura@gmail.com

>From lfljvenaura@gmail.com Wed Jul 20 15:16:28 2016
h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to;
bh=9TPrO8jM8JCqJsKncFI5TyP0Kol9EcD//bBPIx6TBaM=;
b=0v0/mqsqs2X7N5P+gjOyHct9WVToz/BHXPM+eu0n/JGeDlQwiz/N6UmxvJpPe1Cu0X
H8B2pqvl9BQkgVUYDgE0DSJCpE7xOiXBe0mpLJP7LwVGoYNJUfkg0Uz0xupmHkbYfPMx
4dwRoMY8izsqQpl3pXbyRGdf0VRelngz7nOlyEDIo+YVgQ6uIagL0QXF4uf7b8gm375K
YPqxIi5NqwcAxBVHBOgrXfGX0ipllp5objahVHLg+Rgll7w83IUn4+Mnmz7BzG4HRQOA
9VWqNpBmIxV0J1qPoWXZBr09mVFsMvNQB8cumMC3NLdGNS6wxZqb5Men+QVi72uzsyKo
N7tg=X-Google-DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed;
d100.net; s 130820;
h=x-gm-message-state:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date
:message-id:subject:to;
bh=9TPrO8jM8JCqJsKncFI5TyP0Kol9EcD//bBPIx6TBaM=;
b=R4jUxhkN/RZyJdwr3BTVFnNbiUL+Flo8bWNRR0owaDxTExGCFqGyJ7Tc7JBg2KrU0d
SW1lw/JbqbHN4gE9WgqwK95a8yA2cRdFvB7Ar6gGDPGPxr4pJNQa903CnwVXRKrHPAKU
3R5UBgiCLid/kJjYlMCOgy/ZIf4IaLvji14D+mD4L77GQ7nzBxXW9zhWAKB6llG3kK2j
sbsYGOF04zSE6UBsAoyM/a25E4xVKMXwf+/kHqQjjN+VOQ4QwuJw8o3Fux/PiwbxCzy+
KTFfPtSaw7huE1Vhrc2MZnZFYWBM8kIAaSEHksD5dw8ZB7FdNTHCB4KnrgLJjsQVFZqR
CjIg=X-Gm-Message-State:
ALyK8tIgI3Kbqm7Ltf/SFpnq0LClkH2/oGRfyAD2VCfYH5X8TIa9E+zpjvClnMIx42/8TCsGZIxodlkzj52mgw=X-Received:
by 10.25.148.136 with SMTP id w130mr19600028lfd.2.1469042175748;
Wed, 20 Jul 2016 12:16:15 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, Jul 20, 2016 at 2:36 PM, Michael Pilarski <
friendsofthetrees@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I will bring this up at NAPC.
>
> certainly I doubt whether we could actually reach a "consensus would be
> regarding the mission and purpose of this PC list and how it should be best
> managed." but we could probably get a clearer picture and be able to come
> up with ideas to make it serve the movement even more than it does now.

Thanks Michael for doing this and for the words of support.
The NAPC people could benefit from this list over the long haul and I wil
share ownership with interested parties.

LL