permaculture - Re: [permaculture] alfalfa

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lawrence London <lfljvenaura@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] alfalfa
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 06:12:12 -0400

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 5:34 AM, venaurafarm <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>wrote:

> On 3/24/2013 11:38 PM, Lawrence London wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 24, 2013 at 9:34 PM, Frances and David <fdnokes@hotmail.com
> > <mailto:fdnokes@hotmail.com>> wrote:
> > Does anyone have any clue as to how ge alfalfa is justified? or
> > promoted?
> > As far as I know, alfalfa is the treasure of farmers...
> > Easy to grow, highly nutritious, deep nitrogen fixing roots.
> > We are in the midst of discussions here: a moratorium on ge crops on
> > Vancouver Island,
> > with a local contingency that is ‘pro-technology’ in farming having
> > most recently been aroused.
>
> > disgusting fools.the hell with them.........greedy morons
>
> > shut...that....entire....gmo/chemical ag world........out of your
> > life...Block It Entirely.
>
> > end of story
>
> > fist raised with two fingers forming V for those holding firm against
> > intrusion into our world by this monstrous abomination
>
> > and keep it out of Cuba too
>
> > pure unbridled rage at those bastards
>
> > Go Permaculture!
>
> > Alfalfa and a ge apple seem to be key issues for us here at the
> moment.
>
> > Tell them to go to hell and stay there and take their insults to Life,
> > Earth and Mankind with them.
>
> > They themselves are miscogenations, unfit to associate with society.
>
> > You asked..
>
> > LL.
>
> In a primitive tribal society surviving in a remote wilderness they
> would have either been doomed outcasts or beggars dukeing it out with
> others of their kind for a crust of bread left behind by the village
> dogs. They would be despised outcasts for their unwillingness to
> cooperate for the common good of the tribe.
>
> Its the same with those who support the fracking debacle, ones who
> would never allow it in their own backyards but would encourage it on
> investment property they own well away from them, adjacent to an organic
> farmer or functional, productive rural community.
>
> LL

To further make my point about those mindless greedy, thoughtless types,
here's more about regimes they can often be seen,
or not seen, supporting, directly or indirectly through sins of omission to
increase their profits at public expense; from a conversation I had with a
friend:
<>
L:
Guatemala genocide trial continues; watch or listen live - Boing Boing
http://boingboing.net/2013/03/22/guatemala-genocide-trial-conti.html
Efrain Ríos Montt, the former de facto dictator of Guatemala, is in court
today for the third day of his trial on charges of genocide against some
2,000 Ixil Maya during the country's 36-year civil war. Listen
here<http://radio.cmiguate.org/>,
or watch here <http://paraqueseconozca.blogspot.mx/>. I also created this
Twitter list <https://twitter.com/xeni/guate-genocide-trial> so you can
follow the accounts of people live-tweeting from the courtroom (or
listening to the audio/video stream, where dialogue is in Spanish and Ixil
Maya only).
As you can see for yourself on the video stream, the ex-general is sitting
and listening in the courtroom while prosecution witnesses, Ixil Maya
victims, recount in gruesome detail the atrocities they survived under his
regime.
M:
Rios Montt was a serious, wack-job fundamentalist. The more you learn about
his ideas the more you see how seriously crazy the guy was. And as such, he
was the darling of the US Christian Right. Check this out:
http://www.truth-out.org/<http://www.truth-out.org/buzzflash/commentary/item/11365-guatemalas-former-leader-charged-with-genocide-pat-robertson-enabled-it>
buzzflash/commentary/item/<http://www.truth-out.org/buzzflash/commentary/item/11365-guatemalas-former-leader-charged-with-genocide-pat-robertson-enabled-it>
11365-guatemalas-former-<http://www.truth-out.org/buzzflash/commentary/item/11365-guatemalas-former-leader-charged-with-genocide-pat-robertson-enabled-it>
leader-charged-with-genocide-<http://www.truth-out.org/buzzflash/commentary/item/11365-guatemalas-former-leader-charged-with-genocide-pat-robertson-enabled-it>
pat-robertson-enabled-it<http://www.truth-out.org/buzzflash/commentary/item/11365-guatemalas-former-leader-charged-with-genocide-pat-robertson-enabled-it>
The whole thing was a crusade against Godless Communism-- which was how
Rios Montt viewed the Indians wanting to enjoy basic human rights. Because
in Guatemala the ordinary Ladinos (Catholics of Spanish blood) all figured
that their Indios were so damn dumb they could never have come up with any
ideas all by themselves. So if they had any ideas at all, it was obviously
those Communists and evil priests whispering in their ear.
So, in a move made popular by the Spanish Inquisition, they caught and
tortured people randomly in areas where rebels had been reported. If they
gave up any names, screaming in their agony, those names were noted as
being people worth hunting down. And the people being tortured were then
killed, for convenience.
And if they died giving up no names at all? That was proof that they were
Communists themselves. Everyone who could be caught that they might have
had contact with (entire villages, usually) were also killed, to cauterize
the region and halt the infection.
That's the way these people thought. Let's hope this trial lights a lantern
in people's minds, to tell them we have passed beyond this stage in history.
L:
http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-really-bad-dogs-of-war/7052
"Adolf
Eichmann<http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/worldwars/genocide/eichmann_01.shtml>to
live peacefully in Buenos Aires."
I think it is not too difficult to see where the right wing mindset of the
Argentinian military junta derived inspiration.
A high ranking SS officer, Kurt Waldheim, moved in the not too distant
past from his home in Austria to Syria;
M:
They called it Operation Condor. That was when the top Nazis got smuggled
out of Europe after the war. Some went to places like Egypt, but most of
them ended up on South America. Mostly to Argentina, Chile, Bolivia and
Uruguay.
Klaus Barbie, the famous Butcher of Lyon and such a nasty guy he was the
one everybody wanted to catch, showed up in Bolivia. Where he got a job
right away, as el presidente's Chief of Security. Because he had "special
skills".
Anyone believing in a kind and gentle God should remind himself that unlike
all the guys who died under torture when KB was head of the Gestapo in
France, he lived to enjoy a long old age, well into his eighties, in a
breezy chateau in the Bolivian Andes.
Operation Condor continues. But after the rule of the generals collapsed in
Chile and Argentina, they privatised. They now hire themselves out on a
consultational basis, to fascist dictators wherever they still exist. As do
Israel's retired security personnel.
They still go by the same name: Condor.
Here's an interesting couple of documents released by the National Security
Archive:
http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/news/20010306/
L:
I wonder if any of those nazis you describe ever met, collaborated of
consulted with knew any similar Soviet types serving under Stalin and maybe
later regimes, ones like Lavrenti P. Beria, who later claimed to have been
instrumental in Stalin's death at his country dacha when fearless leader
had a stroke and Beria did nothing to help save him.
M:
No. Hardly any crossover. After WW Two the Soviets took as many Nazi
scientists as they could find (and we took the rest, people like Edward
Teller or Leo Szilard). Because top scientists were in extremely short
supply.
But the rest of the Nazi scum they just shot in the back of the head. They
had plenty of their own scum-- more than enough to do all the dirty work
they needed. And ex-Nazis were considered to be politically unreliable.