permaculture - Re: [permaculture] alfalfa

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Frances and David" <fdnokes@hotmail.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] alfalfa
  • Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 12:33:35 -0700

Excellent, John. One of us has drafted just such a message regarding the multi-tasking aspect of genes.
Some of the rest we can only allude to by example.

I had a wonderful teacher of social studies curriculum in teachers' college. One of the things he had us read were two separate tracts on the American Revolution: one British, one American.
From there I have learned that we are often flowing in different information
circles, and that is where we find some of these 'pro-technology' types. (Of course, they want GE it seem as 'inevitable' as every other piece of 'progress' that has been fought. In return, we allude to cigarettes, for example. Pharmaceuticals likewise fit this description.)

With regards to their 'spreading their seed' and then 'filing for paternity' suits...
I thought that they would make a deal whereby they'd give GE farmers the alfalfa seed for free, or make a conditional deal whereby they'd have to buy it as part of a bargain.
So, we were definitely thinking along similar lines there, but I just could not see the whole picture adding up.
I neglected to realize that alfalfa in itself was an exportable.
What we have here, locally, is an organic alfalfa sprout grower/exporter fighting for her life.
I hope people will listen and hear.

I suppose getting the word out on changing the nature of species period through open pollination has not happened yet.
Or, people are so thoroughly desensitized anyway so as not to care?
I couldn't really say as I do eat a far different diet than those around me. In this day and age of denatured food, it no longer feels crazy to be this different or isolated!

Fran

-----Original Message----- From: John D'hondt