permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Who is this?

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <toby@patternliteracy.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Who is this?
  • Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 20:59:03 -0800

There is already a certifying body in the US. In 1997 Bill Mollison and Scott
Pittman founded the Permaculture Institute USA, a 501c3 non-profit based in
New Mexico. Scott is director. I am one of the field directors, and I use
their certificates. As a field director I also mentor people through the
diploma process. PI-USA has given out a good number of diplomas and many
hundreds of certificates. Scott doesn't make too much noise about it, but
they've been quietly doing this work for 15 years. Their main page for
diplomas and professional practice is at

http://www.permaculture.org/nm/index.php/site/professional_practise_pages

Apparently they haven't been making enough noise if no one knows about them.
Scott wouldn't mind some help.

PINA was re-started by Jude Hobbs. it was long ago founded by Sego Jackson,
and went dormant about 20 years ago.

Toby
http://patternliteracy.com