permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Sth East Asian Regional Conference

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: venaurafarm <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Sth East Asian Regional Conference
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 05:43:03 -0400

On 7/15/2012 2:54 AM, Felicity Wright wrote:
Hi guys
Ok, I am not a tech savvie person (didn't learn to use a computer
until I was 26). Prior to setting up the Permaculture SE Asia facebook
page I asked on this site for suggestions about how to go about it.
Got none.
After I set it up (because many permies are on FB and it's a something
I know how to use) and then notified the list LL told me that I could
consider using Google+.

Apart from the useless interface Facebook requires that anyone reading content, i.e. your PC SE Asia FB Group be a member of Facebook. Many will not be willing to go that route in order to participate.

It would be more than appropriate to use this list for your group though posts will get mixed in with everything else.

I will try to set up a Google+ public page for it though I think that any participation in Google resources requires a Google or GMail account or some sort of openID account or ID. That's really no more difficult than subscribing to this PC list; upside is that those resources used can be made viewable by the public or made private if desired.

I like Google Groups. They are straightforward forums which can accept file/image attachments. They can have multiple owners. You can mirror posts in a blog with same name as group, add also a Google Site and Google Docs for additional functions.

I can set up a Google Group. What name would you prefer: permacultureseasia or pcseasia or something else?

LL