permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Sth East Asian Regional Conference

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Heenan Doherty <heenandoherty@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Sth East Asian Regional Conference
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 19:37:25 +1000

G'day,
I would have thought that using a Facebook Event Page would be a great
place from which to launch due to its ubiquity these days including with
many in SE Asia with the notable exception of China. If you want to manage
event bookings and attendees I'd recommend Eventbrite which we've been very
happy with. It synchs in with various social media very well and is great
for a non i-savvy person (which I consider myself to be) as its all wizards
to set up and manage: it will even set up the FB page if memory serves me
correctly. Shopify is another mob we've been using for e-commerce and its
even easier but not as good as Eventbrite for event mgt. Great to set up a
website where u are selling goods online however in our experience but
others might have found otherwise. I personally find google + clunky and I
think that's why FB is dominating the space currently.

Linked to this thread somewhat is that IMO the premium folks to mimic in
the marketing of Permaculture Edu services sector are Milkwood
Permaculture. They have an excellent online presence and strategy and their
reach is as good as anyone. They've worked hard at for some years now, and
I often remark to folks that if you want to benchmark someone in this field
then they are it. They do have i-savvy however but these days it easier
than ever to do this stuff than it has been before thanks to the
aforementioned marketing sites and the various social media.

Good luck and hope it sorts itself out.

Cheers,

Darren

On Sunday, July 15, 2012, Felicity Wright wrote:

> Hi guys
> Ok, I am not a tech savvie person (didn't learn to use a computer
> until I was 26). Prior to setting up the Permaculture SE Asia facebook
> page I asked on this site for suggestions about how to go about it.
> Got none.
> After I set it up (because many permies are on FB and it's a something
> I know how to use) and then notified the list LL told me that I could
> consider using Google+.
> I had a look and just got confused.
> I responded and said that I am not very savvy in this area and if
> anyone else out there in cyber land would like to set up something for
> sharing information in SE Asia - excellent! no problems! I have no
> desire to 'own' this and would just like to have us sharing
> information.
> So, the offer is still there. I will migrate to some other forum if
> someone out there wants to set it up.
> cheersflick
> Felicity Wright Management Advisor Live & Learn Cambodia +855 (0) 77
> 319 018 skype: flick.wright

Yours & Growing,

Lisa Heenan & Darren Doherty
*
*
*
*
*LATEST NEWS*
*HD Newsletter June
2012<http://us5.campaign-archive.com/?u=670d8369d8cefb9f213ed1afb&id=bc13221c32>
*
*2012 Regenerative Agriculture & Living Series EU & AU*
*Joel Salatin RAP @ Taranaki - October
2012<http://joelsalatin_2012.eventbrite.com.au/>
*
*'Polyfaces' <http://www.facebook.com/polyfaces> - Why isn't this normal?*
*
*
* <http://www.facebook.com/heenandoherty>
*
**

International Education
Regenerative Media
Broadacre Design & Development
International Agents for Mr. Joel Salatin <http://polyfacefarms.com/> & Mr.
Eugenio Gras <http://mashumus.com/>.

<http://www.facebook.com/HeenanDoherty><https://twitter.com/#!/heenandoherty>

Darren J. Doherty,
Head of Regenerative Agriculture, Ecosystem Investment Management Australia
Pty. Ltd. <http://www.eima.com.au/>
Vice President New Soil Security Inc. (US)

Web <http://www.permaculture.biz/>
<http://picasaweb.google.com/permaculture.biz>
PhotoLog <http://picasaweb.google.com/permaculture.biz>
Darren J. Doherty
CV<https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B7niWOHzJ1X4dXJidHo1Q3hUMGM>

HeenanDoherty Trading
Conditions<https://docs.google.com/document/d/15lqWIl5_d-MyysmZKRhVsT2bPN_zZT8943K3tP4j8mQ/edit>
HeenanDoherty Blog <http://regenag.blogspot.com/>

skype: permaculture.biz
phone (AU): +61 431 444 836
phone (UK): +44 (0) 7742 189 474
phone (US): +1 917 254 1736

*HeenanDoherty Provider & RegenAG International Links:*
<http://agriculturaregenerativaiberica.wordpress.com/>

<http://www.RegenAG.co.uk>

*Other Great Regenerative Agriculture Links:*
*
*
*www.RegenAG.com.au*
*www.MasHumus.com*
*www.RMSGadzia.com*
*www.PolyfaceFarms.com*
*www.TaranakiFarm.com*
*www.SavoryInstitute.org*
*www.HolisticManagement.org*
*
*

Note: If you do not wish to be an addressee on the HeenanDoherty database
then please advise us & you will be removed from future dispatches.....

This message is only for the use of the addressee. The contents of this
email (including attachments) may be privileged and confidential. Any legal
privilege is not waived by mistaken delivery. If you are not the intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email or attachments
to the intended recipient please notify the sender by return email or by
telephone on +61 (0) 431 444 836 and purge the message stored in any
electronic medium.