permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fw: Chemtrails

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: David Muhl <dmuhl65@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fw: Chemtrails
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 18:22:59 -0700 (PDT)

--- On Sat, 4/10/10, Daniel Mazen Kablaoui <dankablaoui@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a hunch if we discussed chocolate on this list it
> would still be relevant to Permaculture.

I think "relevant" is the key word here, which begs the question: "how
relevant is relevant enough?"

It's indeed possible to take just about any topic and ask ourselves how it
may relate to permaculture ethics, principles, design strategies, etc., but I
think as a consideration to those who take the time to open all these posts
and decide if it's something they would be interested in reading (one can't
always tell from the title alone), we should all consider how relevant the
discussion really is.

Using chocolate as an example, if the discussion were based on Cocoa Tree
guild plantings in the tropics, I may or may not be interested in following
the discussion, but I certainly could recognize the degree of relevancy to
permaculture as being worthy of inclusion here. If however (and this may be
a bad analogy to the chemtrails discussion) someone is pondering how bad it
is to feed chocolate to dogs, or the merits of dark over white, then I
believe the threshold of relevancy would not have been met. The degree of
relevancy will always be in the eye of the beholder, but it is always worth
considering before posting.