permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fw: Chemtrails

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Toby Hemenway <toby@patternliteracy.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fw: Chemtrails
  • Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 17:03:45 -0700

On Apr 10, 2010, at 3:45 PM, Daniel Mazen Kablaoui wrote:

> I enjoy any topic discussed here because I
> enjoy hearing what permaculturalistos have to say generally.

Agreed, and I'll emphasize the phrase "I enjoy hearing what
permaculturalistos have to say." When people on this list write their own
posts and engage in first-hand discussion, I find nearly any topic
interesting and love to see the conversation. But if someone's going to
forward something pulled out of the vastness of the Web, I think it needs to
be specifically related to permaculture design; something that shows us how
to be better designers. If we don't show some kind of discretion--and
fortunately, most of the roughly 1000 people here do--this list would be
quickly overwhelmed by forwards of doomer news, enviro disaster stories and
rants, conspiracy theories, and so forth. My own web surfing pulls up all
kinds of things that I find fascinating, but much as I'm tempted, I try not
to subject the people here to my pet obsessions. Supreme justification-finder
that I am, I could probably stretch out some sort of connection between
anything and permaculture. But there are plenty of more appropriate places to
forward that sort of stuff to.

The other criteria that I use is that permaculture design is a set of
solutions. It's innately positive. If we're going to go negative, I'd like to
see the re-post tightly related to the core ideas of permaculture. Another
indicator is whether the post sparks a Pc-related discussion. As Dan noted,
this one hasn't.

Toby
http://patternliteracy.com