permaculture - Re: [permaculture] Fw: Chemtrails

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: danmk <dankablaoui@gmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] Fw: Chemtrails
  • Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 10:23:56 -0700

> Lawrence F. London, Jr. <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net> wrote:

So sorry that the discussion didn't meet your expectations. We try hard to
> serve up the best we can, and at no charge to you!

It really fell short! But that is okay Lawrence; I am sorry I expressed my
feelings more harshly than I needed to. I realize I am guilty of offering
you my criticism without first having sung this list's praises. The truth
is that you are directly responsible for my high expectations by
continuously serving up goods of real value. I meant to convey a deep
appreciation for yours and everyone's thoughts and expression here more than
anything else.

But even this oneupmanship became useful! I realize I have poorly designed
my relationship to this list, and that I ought to diversify my intellectual
input streams if I really want to be learning. I am probably much more
dependent on this list for information than you because I am running a kind
of mono-cultural education in ecology and environmental politics right now
through my relationship with permaculture. This uninspired approach to my
education is served specifically through this list.

I suppose I might feel guilty for siphoning off the collective intellectual
properties made available here without being able to contribute anything
directly related to providing others with an education in permaculture. I
am a *user* of this list, and I really have yet to serve much content to
y'all.

Lawrence F. London, Jr. <venaurafarm@bellsouth.net> wrote:

Could never have been just a friendly exchange amongst us, had to be a game
> of oneupmanship, a gratuitous asserion on your part.

It didn't sound friendly Lawrence, and that's why I decided to respond. I
reached into my pocket and came up with a little bit of input I thought
might help diffuse the uncomfortable volleys and put the discussion in
perspective. I will admit that I'm more interested in thinking about how we
relate to each other than anything else, and I couldn't help myself from
engaging in a meta-discussion that directly pertained to the taboos of our
list-community . I guess my approach to the word permaculture has a lot
less to do with food than most others here, and I'll bear this closer in
mind.

On 11 April 2010 08:02, Lawrence F. London, Jr.