permaculture - Re: [permaculture] list contributors

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Scott Pittman" <scott@permaculture.org>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] list contributors
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 09:10:12 -0700

Bill Mollison doesn't type or get near a computer nor does he write much
more than his books - to communicate with Bill take a course or go visit
him.

As far as I can tell David Holmgren is also reclusive and seems to prefer
communication in the Aussie realm. I think that David would be a great
contribution to this list. I would wager that he lurks.

As for Jacke, Toensmeier, who knows? Jacke has been pretty quiet for the
twenty years I have known of him, we met in the eighties, but since
publication of his book he seems to be more accessible.

Why people are drawn to this list is anybodies guess, I promote it in all of
my classes because I find it the most informative of the pc lists and it
seems to draw a more international crowd. This list has always been
challenging of the sacred cows of permaculture and willing to take risks
which suits me.

I have checked out other lists but for the most part they are pretty bland;
I'm not speaking of the regional groups but the national and international.

Scott Pittman
Director
Permaculture Institute
www.permaculture.org