permaculture - Re: [permaculture] The Fed

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lfl@intrex.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] The Fed
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 22:44:15 -0400

Felicity Wright wrote:

I am writing to register my abhorrence at the comments made by Martin Naylor that are blatantly anti-semitic. I think there are times when banning or suspending participation for a period of time for flaming or other outrageous comments is legitimate - and this is it. I got sick of Martin's postings on the Australian permaculture list (and think he was either kicked off or strongly encouraged to leave) and wondered how long it would be before he did similar on this list. Generally, I delete anything with his name as sender, but this time read a response to the crappy post below and was shocked, so searched out the original comment.

If I may say so that's a lot of negativity that could have been left out. But you've made your point and I hope Martin gets the message.

Sorry, Martin, but writing LOVE in capitals from time to time is just not enough. You have to walk the walk, not just pay lip service to the nice loving human emotions. I recommend some time out for some meditation about what is going on for you and why you need to vent at other people/groups.

That is excellent advice. Martin, are you listening? No need to reply, just
pay attention,
fall back, regroup, reflect on your situation. Some are weary of the tone of
some of your posts
and I do not want an exodus of users because of that, so think before posting
next time.
All the thought police have been locked out of this forum forever so relax,
be silent for a while and learn.

As an old timer 3rd generation farmer down the road from me said to a younger, mutual friend of ours who was getting agitated and uppity about god knows what: "Sit down, shut up and maybe you'll learn something".
Best advice I could possibly think of.

Although we as a list group "voted" to allow freeform discussion without
censorship
in this forum, racist comments will not be tolerated. 1st occurence will
merit a warning, 2nd will
allow temporary removal from the list, 3rd, after subscription restoration,
will put the user in the banned
file not to be allowed back.

Hope this approach suits the list; feedback welcome.

LL

With metta
flick

What does metta mean?