permaculture - Re: [permaculture] NASA study, Fed, algae threads

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Patrick McKown <identi1956@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] NASA study, Fed, algae threads
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 13:12:48 -0700 (PDT)

Jody,

Certainly information is digested by the human mind by a number of avenues.
Guts being one of
them. Intuitive 'reasoning'. This kind of awareness in not always conscious.
We might get glimpses
of it and from that get some insights which we might try to rationalize
consciously as unique and
extraordinary, but they are not always the best choice. It really depends
more on the subject
matter and the real costs. Which rarely shows itself up front completely, but
in most cases there
is enough examples by experience of others to offer some likely outcomes.
Life does not have to be
totally interpreted totally in the raw. The closest we come to it is at
birth, when our instincts
function in the foreground, fighting for a place to survive.

Midwives were burned at the stake because, male doctors had a gut feeling
that they were witches
and appealed to enough other people to associate this as a truth, after all
they had guts too.
Enough midwives were eliminated from managing childbirth, leaving a vacuum
for the male dominated
medical community to attend to the deaths of women as they increased at
childbirth. These facts
did not change the course of history to something more rational and practical
like the previous
plan, where women were in control of the birthing process. Many women and
children died needlessly
and it is entirely possible that many on this list including ourselves would
not be here if
midwives did not get burnt at the stake.

If truth for you comes from the filter of your guts, then who is benefiting
from these kinds of
extra-ordinary claims. How could you suppose that their extraordinary visions
are valid? How do
you test it? When you live always at the edge of the future?

I am not convinced that the future has any form beyond your next heart beat.
Our abilities from
our common five senses are
dysfunctional enough for this man made world, not to be considered reliable
in rendering 'truth'
which changes in the eyes of the beholder.

If anything is close to truth about the natural world it is deceit, which
gives advantage to
minorities and eventually allows them to become majorities.

Pat McKown

a vacation? Get great deals
to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
http://travel.yahoo.com/