permaculture - Re: [permaculture] the hydrogen argument

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Daniel.Donahoo@dhs.vic.gov.au
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] the hydrogen argument
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 09:12:29 +1000

hey mike.

mike wrote:
>>The real future will lie in the development of new fuel processes

why does the future rely on 'new' development?

In David Holmgren's new book he recognises the value of 'new energy
technologies' as helping us trhough the energy descent, but looks to main
pre-industrial fuel as our future energy source - wood.

it appears to me that amid all the pace of post-modernity that our culture
refuses to acknowledge the 'one step forward, two steps back approach'...we
need to step back a little and acknowledge the value of more sustainable
times than ours.

cheers

dan

daniel is contactable most of the time on:
5430-2373 or,
daniel.donahoo@dhs.vic.gov.au

This email contains confidential information intended only for the person
named above and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the
intended recipient, any disclosure, copying or use of this information is
prohibited. The Department provides no guarantee that this communication is
free of virus or that it has not been intercepted or interfered with. If you
have received this email in error or have any other concerns regarding its
transmission, please notify Postmaster@dhs.vic.gov.au