permaculture - [permaculture] the hydrogen argument

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Daniel.Donahoo@dhs.vic.gov.au
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] the hydrogen argument
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 12:43:34 +1000

in regards to recent posts on hydrogen -

why are we all still looking for the quick fix? the one solution to all our
problems?
surely if permaculture teachs anything it is that complex systems require
complex management and that there is no one quick fix - that it is about
observing and interacting with systems over long and sustained periods that
allows us to exist more sustainably within our enviornments. if nothing
else the long and sustained observation of industrialisation is telling us
that we consume too much. the debate of where will the energy come from is
in its death throws. the debate is now how do we make what we have last and
how do we live in a low energy future.

cheers

dan d

daniel is contactable most of the time on:
5430-2373 or,
daniel.donahoo@dhs.vic.gov.au

This email contains confidential information intended only for the person
named above and may be subject to legal privilege. If you are not the
intended recipient, any disclosure, copying or use of this information is
prohibited. The Department provides no guarantee that this communication is
free of virus or that it has not been intercepted or interfered with. If you
have received this email in error or have any other concerns regarding its
transmission, please notify Postmaster@dhs.vic.gov.au