permaculture - Re: [permaculture] the hydrogen argument

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: robert waldrop <rmwj@soonernet.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] the hydrogen argument
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 23:17:22 -0500

Claude Genest wrote:
> But perhaps your extrapolated numbers are based on the amount of energy we
> presently use ?

My calculations were based on world oil consumption in 2001. They do not
include other fossil fuels like natural gas or coal.

> I always think of the example of scandinavia where they live at least as
> well as us using less than half our energy....

But even at Scandinavian rates, it's not doable on a worldwide scale for
everybody, not just those living in the (presently) "developed" world.

Robert Waldrop, OKC
http://www.oklahomafood.org