pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] synthesis[20][9.8.04]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "John Howe" <warlock@arashi.com>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] synthesis[20][9.8.04]
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 18:53:26 -0700 (PDT)

> Ok fine. I admit. I use Word. So sue me. Or rather, help me. What is
> Mozilla and Thunderbird. They sound scary. Can you hold my hand if I
> make this transition?

My primary system these days is a PowerBook G4. I am using Firefox to
write this message. I also use Word Ver. X for Mac ( Mac OS X 10.3.5 ). I
only use Word because everyone @ work is on W2K/XP they only use Office (
corporations ).

Transitioning to Firefox/Thunderbird couldn't be easier. Simply download
the *.dmg files from http://www.mozilla.org/ and drop into your
/Applications directory.

A plus you get from using Mozilla is better CCS support *AND* native
pop-up blocking! And the install should inherit your existing Internet
Exploder settings.

And you can always switch back and forth between browsers as well. It's
all about freedom of choice!

And CERT recommends you switch too ( das Department of Homeland Security ):

http://www.mozilla.org/security/security-announcement.html

John Howe, B.S, M.A.
http://www.arashi.com/

The most beautiful thing we can experience is the
mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science.
-- Albert Einstein