pcplantdb - Re: [pcplantdb] synthesis[20][9.8.04]

pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: pcplantdb

  • From: "John Schinnerer" <john@eco-living.net>
  • To: pcplantdb@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [pcplantdb] synthesis[20][9.8.04]
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 11:12:20 -1000 (HST)

> I would like us to
> have a unified voice, and be clear on what we are so we can express that
> to the public in a coherent way.
>
> Feedback on this por favor?

Completely agree, as follows:
One person handles this aspect of the project (PR/communications).
Whatever they are going to put out to 'the public' gets posted here first
for review and feedback and possibly modification before it gets posted
'publicly'.

> Needing some clarification: is permaculture.info going to be our shared
> web workspace

That's not my understanding. Permaculture.info is the 'home' of the
publicly acccessible database we are creating.

Shared workspace would be elsewhere, though could still be under
permaculture.info, e.g.:

workspace.permaculture.info

permaculture.info/workspace

...or da kine.

> About the Sunday task updates: these are also for fund distribution
> purposes (to determine who did what, how long it took, and how to
compensate them).
> So please be clear with what you did and how long it took you to do it.

I am not into paying work yet - not until we actually start testing
something.

> Also, please send these to me as Word attachments, so I can start
archiving them.

I would prefer RTF (Rich Text Format), or even just plain text.

As we are an open source project, I think we ought to use non-proprietary
formats, and Word .doc format is proprietary. Publicly available, yes,
but not "free" as in open-source.